Are you looking to begin your career in Marketing? Cardiff City House of Sport’s parent company, CMB Engineering, are hiring a Marketing & Communications Apprentice for their Cardiff office – apply here.
- Purpose Of The Job:
As the Marketing & Communications Assistant, you will be assisting the Marketing & Communications Manager in creating and implementing the business’ digital, marketing and social media strategy for CMB Engineering, Llanrumney Hall Community Trust and Cardiff City House of Sport. This role offers you the rare opportunity to work for 3 different businesses in 1, allowing you to maximise on the experience and learning opportunities available. These 3 organisations require different marketing approaches in order for them to be a success. The right applicant for this role will be able to manage and allocate their time (with the support of the Marketing & Communications Manager) to proactively deliver the marketing needs as required. They will have the capacity to grow an understanding of the varying needs of these organisations and how best to meet these needs.
- Key Responsibilities
- Visiting sites to showcase the activities, achievements and progression of installations and organisational activities.
- Maintain the CMB website and social media platforms to promote the commercial and CSR activities of the organisation.
- Procuring marketing and promotional content to support the business’s needs.
- Working closely with the local community, charities and local businesses to develop working relationships.
- Consistently promoting events and activities taking place at Llanrumney Hall.
- Engaging with the online community and using the social media platforms and website as a key resource to communicate the Trusts activities to the community.
- Publishing on social media; updating the website regularly; procuring advertisement and marketing content; regular photography; developing brand merchandise; promoting online fundraising platforms to increase revenue etc
House of Sport:
- Maintain the House of Sport website and social media platforms.
- Liaise with the sporting groups to promote their activities.
- To advertise House of Sport’s facilities (House of Sport 1, 2 and 3, Cardiff International Sports Campus, Ocean Park Arena and Willows High School).
- Promote any forthcoming events.
All 3 Companies:
- Produce marketing and promotional content such as company magazines, monthly newsletters, posters, leaflets, brochures, banners etc.
- Creating and editing video and picture content for various marketing and promotional projects.
- Monitoring and maintaining all Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Provide Customer Service support for all Marketing, Digital and Social Media queries.
- Key Skills:
- The right applicant will be resourceful, proactive, and will have a keen eye and attention for detail when delivering work. They will have strong communication skills and a willingness to develop within the role.
- Positive attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Desirable Skills (not essential):
- Experience creating artwork positively promoting business achievements.
- A confident understanding of a range of Social Media platforms and how to utilise them to enhance turnover via bookings and sales.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Experience in Filming and Video content editing.
- Have a full UK driver’s licence in order to commute between the multiple sites. If not yet achieved, a desire to pass the diving test.
- CMB has a reputation of delivering a professional service to the highest standards and this role will embrace this reputation and develop further through promotional activities. The employee is expected to reflect these values and high standards.
- Travel & Unsocial Hours:
- Although based in the Cardiff, there may be a requirement for travel to various sites across England and Wales.
- There will be a requirement to work unsocial hours when necessary, in this instance notice will be giving.
- CMB Engineering: https://www.cmbengineering.co.uk/
- Llanrumney Hall Community Trust: https://www.llanrumneyhall.org/
- Cardiff City House of Sport: https://www.cardiffcityhouseofsport.co.uk/
Please send your CV and cover note to email@example.com
We do not require any assistance from recruitment agencies.
CMB is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Salary to be discussed based on experience.