20/12/20: Cardiff City House of Sport is now closed whilst the area is in Alert Level 4 – the highest level of lockdown in Wales.
REOPENING HOUSE OF SPORT
Cardiff City House of Sport is reopening in a phased approach to allow us to carefully manage the reintroduction of customers into our facilities, following guidance from Welsh Government.
To reduce the spread of coronavirus, Cardiff City House of Sport is currently only open to selected groups:
- Cardiff City House of Sport staff (all times)
- Cardiff City FC Foundation staff and students
- Cardiff & Vale College staff and students
- Cardiff City FC Academy
- Cardiff City FC Women
- FAW affiliated clubs
- WRU affiliated clubs
- Cardiff Amateur Athletics Club
- Welsh Athletics elite athletes
- Diamond Tennis Academy
- Welsh Netball affiliated clubs
All sessions must be pre-booked and student attendance must be in line with class timetables set by Cardiff City FC Foundation and Cardiff & Vale College. All other visits must be approved by CCHOS management.
Please note: You should stay away from our facilities if you (or anyone in your household) have COVID-19 symptoms.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
For full NHS guidance on COVID-19: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
HOUSE OF SPORT RULES
- All staff, students and visitors are required to wear a face covering when inside our facilities, unless taking part in an activity (i.e playing sport or sat at a classroom table).
- All users must enter and exit via the one-way system by following signage placed around the facility.
- All users must use hand sanitiser, record their temperature and sign in at reception. If your temperature reads above 37.8C, you will be asked to leave the facility immediately and seek NHS guidance.
- Social distancing (2m apart) must be observed where possible.
- Track & Trace is collected via the booking system – it is the responsibility of the lead name of the booking to collect all relevant information of attendees within their group. The NHS Track & Trace app QR code is also placed on the entrance door.
- All facility users are responsible for the sanitisation of their own equipment.
- All activities must be in line with the national governing bodies (NGBs) of their chosen sport.
- All users must adhere to their allocated slots and leave promptly at the end of their session. 15 minutes will be allocated between sessions for sanitisation of all areas and equipment.
- Toilets can only be used on a one in, one out basis.
- Spectators will not be allowed to observe any sessions.
Information on this page will be reviewed regularly and updated upon further guidance from Welsh Government.
Main telephone line:
(029) 2000 2555
Office Manager, Rachel Griffiths:
Bookings Coordinator, Victoria Rich:
Sports Area Manager, Liam Waddingham:
Social Media Manager, Jon Wilson: